Santa Rosa Junior College logo Building on a Legacy of Excellence
home  > instruction  > instructional departments  > Agriculture/Natural Resources  > faq
Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Who should I see to determine what classes I need?
You should make an appointment with the department counselor, Amy Merkel, at: (707) 527-4451. Amy's office is located in Room 4750, Bertolini Student Center, Santa Rosa Campus.

When are courses offered?
AG/NR course offerings range from one day, 4-week, 6-week, 8-week, to full semester, morning, afternoon, evening, and weekends.

Where are courses offered?
AG/NR courses are offered in many locations around Sonoma County including: Santa Rosa, Cloverdale, Healdsburg, Petaluma, Sonoma, and SRJC's Shone Farm near Forestville.

What are the steps I should take to enroll in a certificate program?
To begin a certificate program, students should complete a SRJC application, attend an orientation and register for the appropriate classes.

To earn a certificate do I need to take classes in a particular sequence?
Each certificate differs. Check with the certificate coordinators or a counselor.

Is there a time restriction to complete a certificate?
Although there is not a time limit, the programs are subject to change and a student should check with the certificate coordinator.

What kind of classes does the department offer?
We offer courses and certificate programs in the following areas:

  • Agribusiness
  • Animal Science
  • Equine Science
  • Horticulture
  • Natural Resource Management
  • Sustainable Agriculture
  • Viticulture
  • Welding
  • Wine Studies

Where can I find Shone Farm?
Shone Farm is located at 7450 Steve Olson Lane in Forestville, approximately nine miles from the Santa Rosa Campus.

How can I contact someone in the Agriculture and Natural Resources Department?

Telephone: (707) 527-4408
FAX: (707) 527-4651
Agriculture/Natural Resources Department
Room 2092, Lark Hall. (Lark Hall Map)
1501 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95401-4395