2015 OPEN ENROLLMENT
August 2015 is the Open Enrollment period for the District’s medical, dental, and vision plans. Please review the complete renewal information available at the links provided below.
The following link is a YouTube recording of the Open Enrollment Workshop held on campus Wednesday, August 12, 2015. Open Enrollment Workshop.
Active Employees & Early Retirement Option Participants
The District is pleased to announce that three additional medical plan options will be made available to SRJC Active Employees and Early Retirees during the 2015 Open Enrollment! These new plans will begin phasing in during our August 2015 open enrollment. Effective October 1, 2015, the district will begin to offer a Blue Shield HMO plan. Effective January 1, 2016, the District will offer two Account Based Health Plans (ABHP) that are eligible for health savings accounts (HSA).
Important: This year, there will be two open enrollment periods.
- If you choose to switch from your existing plan to either the Blue Shield HMO, Blue Shield PPO, or Kaiser HMO plan, you must do so during the August 2015 open enrollment. This change will become effective October 1, 2015.
- If you choose to switch from either the Blue Shield HMO, Blue Shield PPO, or Kaiser HMO plan to an ABHP plan, you must do so during the October 2015 open enrollment. The ABHP plans will become effective January 1, 2016.
Open Enrollment 2015: Premium Cost-Sharing
Open Enrollment 2015: Medical Plans
Open Enrollment 2015: Dental Plan
Open Enrollment 2015: Vision Plan (active employees only)
The Companion Care/Navitus and Kaiser Senior Advantage plans are renewing with minimal changes to the coverage.
- Companion Care – No Changes
- Kaiser Senior Advantage – An Acupuncture benefit has been added at $10.00 per visit combined with Chiropractic for a maximum of 30 total visits per calendar year.
Open Enrollment 2015: Retiree Renewal Premiums
Open Enrollment 2015: Retiree Health Plans
Open Enrollment 2015: Retiree Dental Plan
ADJUNCT FACULTY MEDICAL BENEFITS
The next Eligibility Period for the Adjunct Medical Benefits Program is September 1 through September 30, 2015 for the benefit period October 1, 2015 through March 31, 2016. For information see the following, Cover Letter, Declaration of Eligibility & Enrollment Request, Premium Payment Voucher, and Summary of Medical Plans.
EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLAN
Santa Rosa Junior College offers its employees
a comprehensive fringe benefit package that includes health insurance,
dental insurance, vision care plan, life insurance, and long-term
disability. This coverage is offered for the employee and their
dependents. The highlights of the package include:
The District offers a choice of two health plans: Kaiser
Permanente HMO Health Plan or SISC/Blue Shield PPO Health Plan. Both are prepaid
plans and with each plan you merely present you ID card to your provider,
pay the applicable co-payment (if any), and receive services. You can preview
a benefits summary for each plan - SISC Kaiser
Permanente or SISC Blue Shield/Navitus - or view a comparison
of the two health plans. An additional benefit provided to all SISC Kaiser Permanente and SISC Blue Shield health plan members is the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). This program provides up to 6 free sessions with a provider per problem situation. Additional information regarding the EAP can be found here.
Santa Rosa Junior College is self-insured for dental insurance through a plan that includes approximately 450 participating dentists. The total benefit provided in any contract year, or portion thereof, is $1,700.00. Claims Administered by: Arrow Benefits Group, 1 Willowbrook Court, Suite 230, P.O. Box 750758, Petaluma, CA 94975, (707) 544-1801.
Complete Summary Plan Description.
Benefits are provided to each employee and
family by The Standard
in the following amounts: Employee Death Benefit @ $50,000.00;
Spouse (death benefit) @ $5,000.00; Accidental Death @ additional $50,000.00;
and Children @ $5,000.00.
Vision Care Plan
Coverage is provided for the employee and family
by Vision Service Plan. Deductible
is $10.00/year per family member; coverage includes one vision exam/year,
lenses once a year, if necessary, and frames and contacts every
Income protection coverage for employees is provided
through Sun Life Financial. Should you become disabled, after a 60-day waiting period,
the benefit payable to you is two-thirds of your monthly salary
before tax liability. Depending on your employment status, you are
entitled to either a one-year benefit or up to the age of 65.
Employees are eligible to participate in either
the State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS)
or Public Employer's Retirement System (PERS),
depending on position classification and/or prior membership. Adjunct faculty
also have the option of participating in Fidelity
Investments or the Cash Balance Program
with STRS. Retirement allowance is calculated on a formula based on age
at retirement, number of years of service, and income. Members are eligible
to retire with a minimum of five years of service.
• Independence Day: July 2, 2015
• Labor Day: September 7, 2015
• Veterans Day: November 11, 2015
• Thanksgiving Day: November 26, 2015
• Day after Thanksgiving: November 27, 2015
• Christmas Holiday: December 24, 2015
• Christmas Holiday: December 25, 2015
• Floating Holiday: December 28, 2015
• District Provided Holiday: December 29, 2015
• Employee/District Split: December 30, 2015 *
• New Year's Holiday: December 31, 2015
• New Year's Holiday: January 1, 2016
• Martin Luther King, Jr's Birthday: January
• Lincoln's Day: February 12, 2016 **
• President's Day: February 15, 2016 **
• Memorial Day: May 30, 2016
* On an Employee/District Split, the Employee provides 1/2 day via vacation, compensatory time, paid time off, or unpaid leave, and the District provides the other 1/2 day as additional holiday time off.
** The dates given for Lincoln's Day and President's Day are subject to change based on variations in the college calendar.
Leave Balances & Pay Stubs
Leave Balance & Pay Stub Reports
Date last updated: August 28, 2015