2015 OPEN ENROLLMENT
August 2015 is the Open Enrollment period for the District’s medical, dental, and vision plans. Please review the complete renewal information available at the links provided below.
The following link is a YouTube recording of the Open Enrollment Workshop held on campus Wednesday, August 12, 2015. Open Enrollment Workshop.
Active Employees & Early Retirement Option Participants
The District is pleased to announce that three additional medical plan options will be made available to SRJC Active Employees and Early Retirees during the 2015 Open Enrollment! These new plans will begin phasing in during our August 2015 open enrollment. Effective October 1, 2015, the district will begin to offer a Blue Shield HMO plan. Effective January 1, 2016, the District will offer two Account Based Health Plans (ABHP) that are eligible for health savings accounts (HSA).
Important: This year, there will be two open enrollment periods.
- If you choose to switch from your existing plan to either the Blue Shield HMO, Blue Shield PPO, or Kaiser HMO plan, you must do so during the August 2015 open enrollment. This change will become effective October 1, 2015.
- If you choose to switch from either the Blue Shield HMO, Blue Shield PPO, or Kaiser HMO plan to an ABHP plan, you must do so during the October 2015 open enrollment. The ABHP plans will become effective January 1, 2016.
Open Enrollment 2015: Premium Cost-Sharing
Open Enrollment 2015: Medical Plans
Open Enrollment 2015: Dental Plan
Open Enrollment 2015: Vision Plan (active employees only)
The Companion Care/Navitus and Kaiser Senior Advantage plans are renewing with minimal changes to the coverage.
- Companion Care – No Changes
- Kaiser Senior Advantage – An Acupuncture benefit has been added at $10.00 per visit combined with Chiropractic for a maximum of 30 total visits per calendar year.
Open Enrollment 2015: Retiree Renewal Premiums
Open Enrollment 2015: Retiree Health Plans
Open Enrollment 2015: Retiree Dental Plan
ADJUNCT FACULTY MEDICAL BENEFITS
The next Eligibility Period for the Adjunct Medical Benefits Program is September 1 through September 30, 2015 for the benefit period October 1, 2015 through March 31, 2016. For information see the following, Cover Letter, Declaration of Eligibility & Enrollment Request, Premium Payment Voucher, Summary of Medical Plans, and Adjunct Medical Plan Premiums.
EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLAN
Santa Rosa Junior College offers its employees, and their eligible dependents, a comprehensive fringe benefit package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, and long-term disability. The highlights of the package include:
The District offers a choice of five health plans through our membership in Self-Insured Schools of California (SISC):
- Kaiser Permanente HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Account Based Health Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Blue Shield of California HMO
- Blue Shield of California PPO
- Blue Shield of California Account Based Health Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
Benefit summaries for all of the health plans listed above are available at the following link (Medical Plans). A comparison chart of the five health plans is also available.
Employees enrolled in a SISC health plan, have an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) available to them as well. This plan provides up to 6 sessions per problem situation with a provider, at no cost to the employee.
Santa Rosa Junior College offers a self-insured dental plan that includes more than 750 participating dentists. The annual dental benefit provided each benefit year is $1,700.00. Claims are administered by: Arrow Benefits Group, 1 Willowbrook Court, Suite 230, P.O. Box 750758, Petaluma, CA 94975, (707) 544-1801. Attached are the links to a complete Summary Plan Description and Listing of Participating Dentists.
The District paid basic life insurance benefits are provided by Standard Insurance Company. The benefit amount is $50,000.00 for the employee and $5,000.00 for eligible dependents. These benefit amounts are doubled if an accidental death & dismemberment event occurs. Voluntary supplemental coverage is available at the employee’s expense.
Vision Care Plan
The District provides a Vision Service Plan (VSP) benefit to employees. This vision plan provides an annual exam and an allowance to purchase vision products from participating providers. A summary of the VSP benefits is available for review.
Income protection coverage for employees is provided
through Sun Life Financial. Should you become disabled, after a 60-day waiting period,
the benefit payable to you is two-thirds of your monthly salary
before tax liability. Depending on your employment status, you are
entitled to either a one-year benefit or up to the age of 65.
Employees are eligible for participation in either the State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS) or the Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) based upon the position classification and/or prior membership. These programs provide a lifetime retirement allowance based upon a retirement system formula which includes five full-time years of service. Adjunct faculty also have the option of participating in Fidelity Investments or the CalSTRS Cash Balance system which do not require any vesting or years of service.
• Independence Day: July 2, 2015
• Labor Day: September 7, 2015
• Veterans Day: November 11, 2015
• Thanksgiving Day: November 26, 2015
• Day after Thanksgiving: November 27, 2015
• Christmas Holiday: December 24, 2015
• Christmas Holiday: December 25, 2015
• Floating Holiday: December 28, 2015
• District Provided Holiday: December 29, 2015
• Employee/District Split: December 30, 2015 *
• New Year's Holiday: December 31, 2015
• New Year's Holiday: January 1, 2016
• Martin Luther King, Jr's Birthday: January
• Lincoln's Day: February 12, 2016 **
• President's Day: February 15, 2016 **
• Memorial Day: May 30, 2016
* On an Employee/District Split, the Employee provides 1/2 day via vacation, compensatory time, paid time off, or unpaid leave, and the District provides the other 1/2 day as additional holiday time off.
** The dates given for Lincoln's Day and President's Day are subject to change based on variations in the college calendar.
Leave Balances & Pay Stubs
Leave Balance & Pay Stub Reports
Date last updated: November 30, 2015