Every student-athlete at SRJC meets with the Athletic Academic Counselor each semester to ensure that they stay on track regarding athletic and academic eligibility, along with preparing for graduation and/or transfer. There are several avenues in which you can/will meet with the Athletic Academic Counselor:
- Mandatory Team Meetings (scheduled once per semester)
- Mandatory Individual Meetings (scheduled by team once per semester)
- Athletic Drop-In on an as needed basis
- Initial Education Planning for all incoming freshmen (scheduled during Counseling 270, the mandatory student-athlete orientation class)
- E-counseling (for follow up and quick questions only)
What to do to prepare for your meeting with the Athletic Academic Counselor:
- Always bring any academic counseling paperwork that you have worked on with ANY counselor previously
- Know your purpose! Write down any questions you may have and do your own research on discussion items prior to your arrival.
- If you have not completed your math and/or English placement exam, please go to the Assessment office in Plover Hall and take care of these placements ASAP. It is not possible to plan accurately without knowledge of your English and math placement.
- If you have not submitted transcripts from all coursework previously taken at any college and/or AP scores, please have official transcripts/test scores sent to SRJC Admissions and Records immediately. You MUST bring an unofficial copy of your transcripts to your meeting with the Athletic Academic Counselor if they are not in Admissions and Records.
- If it is not feasible for you to go to the Counseling Department, you may call 707-527-4451 during athletic drop-in hours.
What to do when you arrive to meet with the Athletic Academic Counselor:
- Check in at the front desk. Have your Student ID number available. Please tell the person working at the front desk that you are there to see the Athletic Academic Counselor and that you are a student-athlete (also let them know what sport you play).
- The line can at times be long so be prepared to wait. Come with homework to work on in the waiting room. The Athletic Academic Counselor will call you when it is your turn.
What to do if you need to send an email to the Athletic Academic Counselor for E-counseling:
- E-counseling is for follow up and quick questions only
- Email email@example.com
- In your email you MUST include the following or you will not receive a response:
- Full name
- SRJC Student ID number
- A summary of all relevant detail discussed with any SRJC counselor
While the greatest effort will be made to respond to your question as quickly as possible, please allow 3–5 business days for a response.
Getting Started at SRJC (for new students)
SRJC Admissions and Records
SRJC Assessment Services
NCAA Eligibility Center
NCAA Transfer 101
NAIA Transfer Eligibility
SRJC Transfer Center