Santa Rosa Junior College logo Building on a Legacy of Excellence
home  > childdev  > permit
Child Development Permits

Program Overview Majors & Certificates Child Development Permits Instructional FAQs For Child Development Students For Spanish Speakers Observer Guidelines
SRJC’s Children’s Center Introduction Child Care FAQs Menu Observer Guidelines Program for Infant Toddler Care (PITC) Job Openings Application for Admission Information (PDF) Application for Admission (PDF) Application for Admission Information - Spanish (PDF) Application for Admission Spanish (PDF) Forms
FKCE Home Staff Partnerships in Parenting Foster Youth Sucess Program Independent Living Skills Program Father's Workshop
Call Center Map, 1st Floor Call Center Map, 2nd Floor

The Child Development Permit

The Child Development Permit is a document that authorizes service in the care, development, and instruction of children in a child-care and development program. It verifies that you have fulfilled the requirements established by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) for assisting, teaching, or supervising in a child development program in the state of California. You must have a permit to be eligible for child-care and development teaching or administration positions funded by California Department of Education/Child Development Division. Other programs may choose to require the permit to document educational progress.

Permits represent an expanded approach to staff certification. For new applicants, the permit will offer more options, career choice, and opportunities advancement. See the Child Development Training Consortium site for Child Development Permit Matrix information and application forms.

Our department offers a number of classes that will help you achieve your goals regarding Child Development Permits.

There are six permit levels:

  1. Child Development Assistant
  2. Child Development Associate Teacher
  3. Child Development Teacher
  4. Child Development Master Teacher
  5. Child Development Site Supervisor
  6. Child Development Program Director

For complete information regarding Child Development Permits, requirements, and application information, contact the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.