Santa Rosa Junior College logo  
home  > Apply & Register  > paying for college  > Extended Opportunity Programs & Services  > frequently asked questions
frequently asked questions

EOPS Home EOPS Staff Frequently Asked Questions En Español/Spanish version EOPS/CARE Advisory Committee

How can I qualify for EOPS services?

  • Be a resident of California
  • Be a full-time student (12 units or more)
  • Not have completed more than 70 units that are applicable to a college degree
  • Qualify for a Board of Governor's Waiver (BOGW) type A or B
  • Be determined educationally disadvantaged according to EOPS regulations
  • File an EOPS application and submit all supporting documents

What services does EOPS offer?

  • Book vouchers to purchase textbooks at the SRJC Bookstore
  • Priority to register early (before Priority I) for classes
  • Academic, personal, and vocational counseling
  • Transfer assistance, including CSU/UC application fee waivers
  • Child-care center
  • CARE grants for single heads-of-household on TANF/Sonoma Works
  • Bilingual assistance in Spanish
  • Assistance with college forms

How can I apply?

Come to the EOPS office (located in Bertolini Student Services Center, 2nd floor) to fill out an EOPS and BOGW application, or call (707) 527-4383 or Rafael Vasquez at (707) 527-4585. At the Petaluma Campus, come to the Counseling & Support Services office located in Jacobs Hall, Room 110, and ask for Vincent Hamilton or call (707) 778-3909. The application process may take 2-4 weeks.

Santa Rosa Junior College is officially accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges