You can meet with a counselor at either the Santa Rosa or Petaluma
campuses. Since you are not assigned a counselor,
you may choose, and, if you wish, you may change counselors. It is important that
you feel comfortable and confident with your counselor.
- The ability to serve students on the "drop-in" list is based on the
number of counselors available. Because of this, students who arrive later in the
day may or may not be accommodated.
- Drop-ins are handled on a first-come, first
- During high demand times, the wait time to see a counselor is typically one hour or longer. Please be
sure to allow sufficient wait time for your visit.
- If your name is added to the drop-in list and you choose to not wait in the counseling lobby,
you must check back frequently. If you are not present when your name is called, you will be removed from the drop-in list.
Same Day Appointments
- Same day appointments are also available on a limited basis. To schedule, students need to come in to the counseling office on either campus or call the front desk at 707-527-4451 in SR or 707-778-3914 in Petaluma. Online scheduling options will be available soon.
Santa Rosa Campus Schedule
- Monday 8:00am-4:30pm
- Tuesday 8:00am-6:30pm
- Wednesday 8:00am-6:30pm
- Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm
- Friday 8:00am-2:30pm
**All Counseling offices will close at 12:30 Thursday, 1/29
Petaluma Campus Schedule
- Mondays 8:00am-4:30pm
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays 8:00am-6:30pm
- Thursdays & Fridays 8:00am-12:30pm
How to Get the Most from Counseling
- Provide complete and accurate information
- Be prepared:
- Bring a list of any questions
- Bring a copy of prior educational plans and transcripts from other colleges
- Think about and make a list of possible courses
- Follow through on counselor recommendations
- Follow up: Let us know how you are doing
- Provide accurate and specific information
- Develop and revise educational plans
- Help students learn to locate and use resources
- Listen and suggest options
- Assist students in making decisions