Support type: E-mail: Rules - How to Filter and Organize E-mail
Last updated: Mar 30, 2012
Topic ID: 92
- This example will use Internet Explorer on the PC.
- Start Internet Explorer.
- In the Address Bar type http://www.santarosa.edu/email and press the "enter" key.
- Select the link "Outlook Web Access."
- Log in using your username and your password.
- Click on the "Options" button in the top right area of the screen.
- Click on "Rules" in the list on the left.
- Click on "New Rule."
- Click on "Move messages sent to a distribution list to a folder."
- In the window that pops open, click on "people or distribution lists."
- In the next window, click on "Global Address List."
- Then type "dl.staff.all" in the box at the bottom labeled "To -->."
- Then click on the "OK" button.
- Click on the OK button again.
- Click on the word "specified."
- Select the top folder in the list (In the image, it is shown as "SRJC Help Desk.").
- Click the "Create New Folder..." button.
- In the blank white box that appears, type "DL.STAFF.ALL" (You can name this whatever you want or select an existing folder.).
- Click the "OK" button.
- Click the "Save" button to finish.
- Your new rule should show in the list and have a check mark next to it to show that it is active.
- If you want to stop it from running, just click on the check box and then click "Save" at the top of the window.
- Your rule is now set up. Click on "Mail" to return to your e-mail.
- Don't forget to check this folder on a periodic basis, as it will still apply to the total space your mailbox consumes.