Order Equipment & Check Status Online
You may request equipment through the Bond Measure A Funds, Departmental Funds, or Grant Funds using our online form. Login to request equipment and view your equipment request status - use your SRJC username and password.
- User fills out and submits form
- User and supervisor will be E-mailed with a confirmation
- The supervisor must approve requests and is given the option to add notes
- All requests are then reviewed by IT
- Bond Measure A requests - will be reviewed by IT regularly. Tickets will be created for prioritized systems
- Requests for a Mac funded through the Bond will go through some additional steps:
- The bond will fund a Mac if a user can justify the use of a Mac for instructional purposes - i.e. is a Mac the only tool that can be used to do the job - there is no software available on Windows to perform the same job
- If the user cannot justify the instructional need for a Mac, an appeal form is available that requires the department to approve the use of departmental funds to cover the cost difference.
- Department or grant funded requests - IT will generate a ticket and will follow up with user for more information before finalizing purchase
- E-mail confirmations will be sent each step of the process
Funding Sources for Ordering Equipment
IT has an online equipment request form which allows us to gather the appropriate information from you to request equipment for you or your department. There are two main ways equipment can be requested:
- Bond Measure A
- No charge to your department
- Current system must be at least 7 years old
- Requests will be prioritized by IT using guidelines set by the Institutional Technology Group (ITG)
- Bond funding is limited
- ITG determines the standard specifications of the equipment
- Typically, additional monitors are not included with a computer request; instead users will retain their current monitor
- Requests for a Mac require either: justified instructional use (i.e. is a Mac the only tool that can be used to do the job? - there is no software available on Windows to perform the same job) OR departmental funding to cover the additional cost of a Mac (requires user to fill out the appeal form)
- Department or Grant
- Charged to your department via your budget code with existing approval path
- Computers can be requested with a monitor
- IT sometimes has recertified desktops and monitors to help lower the cost of a departmental order
Department or Grant Funding Object Codes
Please use the correct object code for your department or grant request. If you need to create and fund it, please contact Accounting to request the new code. Then submit a budget transfer via online Forms to fund the new code from another source. This process takes time; please plan accordingly.
Equipment for non-instructional (office/administrative) use
Equipment for instructional (classroom/lab) use
Current Technology Configurations
IT regularly reviews supportable computing hardware. Below, IT has listed generalized specifications and pricing for specific models that are recommended for SRJC use.
Link to this page