Alternative Transportation to SRJC
If you’re tired of cruising around the parking lot trying to find a spot to park, driving is not the only option for getting to SRJC’s campuses and sites. Consider carpooling, taking the bus, riding your bike, or walking to campus to save money and reduce the impact on the environment. The following links offer resources to help you find out more about alternative transportation options to get to our campuses.
- Carpooling - With at least one other person in the car, you can save money and be eligible to park in Lot C reserved carpool parking. Arrive before 2:00 PM Monday-Friday for access. For more information, contact the Accounting Department at 707-527-4683.
- Real-time Rideshare - One of the easiest ways to share a ride! Using a smart-phone app to connect riders and drivers to share rides, is a Sonoma County Transportation Authority program managed by Climate Protection Campaign. This program is designed to reduce greenhouse gases, traffic congestion, and strengthen our local community. See the Carma Information Sheet. If interested, you can sign-up at Carma.
- Bicycling - In addition to being good for the environment, bicycling is also great for your health. Bicycle racks are installed at many convenient locations on the Santa Rosa and Petaluma campuses. BikeLink lockers are also available for secure bicycle parking for a fee at various locations on the Santa Rosa Campus. Access the Sonoma County Transportation Authority’s Countywide Bicycle Master Plans with corresponding maps.
- Public Transportation - Taking public transportation is a great option to save money and reduce your impact on the environment. Access route maps and schedules at:
- Walking - If you live close enough to either campus, consider walking. It is good for the environment and your health.
- Take a Train - Eventually students will be able to take a SMART train to get to Santa Rosa and Petaluma. Initial service from San Rafael to Santa Rosa is scheduled to begin in late 2014. For updates, access the SMART Train Web site.
Santa Rosa Free Ride (Employees Only)
SRJC is a part of the city of Santa Rosa’s “Free Ride: Trip Reduction Incentive Program” that offers incentives to those who use commuting alternatives. Those who commute by walking or riding a bike can qualify for a chance at a $50 gift card. The program randomly draws winners each month from among those participants who submitted their commute information. Bus riders can qualify for a reduced rate on their bus pass. There is no cost to the college or city, since the program is federally funded.
To participate in the program, register with SRJC's “Free Ride” coordinator Bill Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your commute calendar on the Santa Rosa Free Ride Web site.