Santa Rosa Junior College
Santa Rosa Junior College is an institution of higher education operating within the framework of the California Educational code for community Colleges and the Master Plan for Higher education. Our mission is to increase the knowledge, to improve the skills, and to enhance the lives of those who participate in our programs and enroll in our courses throughout the district. We recognize that each member of our institution contributes to carrying out our mission.
In fulfilling our mission we are committed to:
- Serve the educational needs of our students and our community through programs and courses that maintain high academic standards and develop a respect for learning in all our students.
- Develop intellectual curiosity and integrity, and recognize accomplishment in an atmosphere of academic freedom.
- Offer courses and programs which reflect academic excellence and integrity and which serve the variety of needs and abilities of our students.
- Respond to economic, demographic, intellectual and technological changes through educational program development and staff development.
- Secure and maintain a faculty and staff who are knowledgeable and current in their fields.
- Promote open access through actively eliminating barriers to a college education.
- Promote and maintain ethnic, cultural and gender diversity within our student body, faculty, staff, administration and course offerings.
- Help students succeed in meeting their educational goals by providing comprehensive instructional and student support services.
- Challenge students to participate fully in the learning process by teaching students to be responsible for their academic success.
- Prepare our students for participation as citizens at the local, national and global levels.
- Contribute to the cultural life of our community by presenting enrichment opportunities to our students and community members.
- Maintain the stability of our institution by exercising our public responsibility for sound resource development and use in order to meet our commitments to the citizens of the District.
- Practice shared governance within the institution through processes that are inclusive and respectful of all participants and in which information and decision-making are shared.
- Review our mission statement periodically with participation by students, faculty, staff and administration.