Santa Rosa Junior College logo Building on a Legacy of Excellence
home  > research  > research requests
Research Requests

OIR Home
Institutional Planning Web Site
Community Needs Assessment
Fact Books
Internal Data Sources OIR Reports Survey Results Other SRJC Sources
External Data Sources CCC Resources Educational Statistics Economic and Demographic Data
Related Links
Research Requests Prioritizing Research Requests Research Request Forms
Staff Contact Info
Office of Institutional Research

The Office of Institutional Research provides research services to the Santa Rosa Junior College community.

The role of the Office of Institutional Research

The Office of Institutional Research exists as a service to the institution to provide both required and requested data analysis and reporting, particularly to support the district planning process. In addition, the research staff is a resource, available to consult with individuals and groups regarding their own research projects and to refer individuals and groups to existing sources of data and information.

Many SRJC departments provide research and information to the district. Some, such as Admissions and Records and various other programs, produce their own statistical reports. The greatest potential for institutional role confusion seems to be between OIR and Information Technology. After consulting with Information Technology, the following distinction between the services of the two offices was developed:

Institutional Research
Data Analysis and Reporting
External Data

Information Technology
Standard (existing) data reports

Thus, requests for institutional data should be referred to Information Technoplogy; requests for data that include data analysis should be referred to Institutional Research.

A Research Request Form has been developed and is available on our website. Those requesting research services are encouraged to contact the office with questions and ideas prior to submitting a formal request.

To learn how research requests are prioritized, click on Prioritizing Requests in the toolbar to your left. To submit a request, click on Research Request Form to your left.

Office of Institutional Research Contact: