|Apply & Register|||||Schedules & Catalog|||||Instruction|||||For Students|||||Faculty & Staff|||||Administration|||||About SRJC|
Quotes are informal bids processed according to the Dollar Thresholds established by District Policy.
District departments are asked to submit quotes along with their requisitions. Some of the major items for consideration in a quote process include:
• The quote process is important in determining the best purchase option for Departments.
• Quote requests should be issued to the vendors who have been identified by the department as likely sources and who are qualified to provide the goods or services needed.
• All vendors who are asked to quote should be provided the following information: specification information, quantities needed, any special requirements of the purchase such as needed certifications or licenses, if there are special delivery requirements within a specific timeline. Many vendors also offer education discounts.
• Include a specific deadline (date and time) for all vendors to submit the quote information.
• Always request that the vendor provide complete pricing including any education discounts or academic pricing.
• Lead-time – the time it takes for the product to ship after the vendor receives a purchase order. If the goods are needed in a short time frame this information is critical.
• Total Cost – this factor is important when determining lowest price. The components of total cost include: price, shipping, maintenance, implementation, upgrades, warranty, payment terms and all other costs that apply during the life cycle of the product.
• Shipping Costs – even though the District requests that shipments be made “FOB Destination” meaning that the vendor pays the shipping costs, occasionally a vendor might deviate from this. Consult with your buying team for the best option for shipping.
• Payment Terms - The District’s standard payment term is Net 30. Other payment terms may be arranged if a vendor offers additional discounts for early payment. Consult with your Buying Team for additional information if required. If the vendor requests a deposit or payment upfront, please contact the Buying Team, it is preferable to pay for goods or services upon receipt and within the Net 30 day payment terms adopted by the District.
• Return Policy – If the possibility exists that the items will be returned, find out the return policy. Some vendors will charge a restocking fee in addition to the shipping costs.
• If purchasing a high dollar item, ensure that all the terms and conditions and information on the purchase are included in the vendor’s written quote, to ensure that there are no added costs later on.
• If procuring a service or a large dollar purchase it is recommended that you contact the Buying Team to confirm the requirements for the purchase. Special attention needs to be given to services that are considered public works which may require a contract and special insurance and payment and performance bonds.
For more information regarding the quote process, please contact the Buying Team.
Last Modified: May 5, 2014