Santa Rosa Junior College logo Building on a Legacy of Excellence
home  > petaluma  > injury
Reporting an Injury

PETALUMA CAMPUS HOME Faculty & Staff Directory Maps and Directions Room Directory Offices and Services Orientations for Students
For Petaluma Students
Petaluma Student Services Petaluma Instruction Petaluma Transfer Track Classes Events/Arts & Lectures Gallery & Exhibitions Friends of Petaluma Campus Trust
For Petaluma Faculty & Staff
Facilities Operations Information Technology Media Services Faculty Support/Copy Center Petaluma Faculty Forum Classified Leadership Team Emergency/Disaster Preparedness Building/Area Safety Coordinators Building Emergency Plans Evacuation Areas Crisis Intervention Resource Team Reporting an Injury Environmental Health & Safety Herold Mahoney Library Carole L. Ellis Auditorium Physical Fitness Center Mike Smith Hall/SRJC Bookstore Student Center/Courtyard Cafe Room Use & Rental

Injuries and First Aid

For an illness or injury requiring urgent medical attention:

  • Immediately call 911.
  • If trained, give appropriate first aid until emergency responders arrive.
  • DO NOT move the victim unless absolutely necessary.

Calling in a medical emergency

  • Give your name, location (campus, building name and room number), and phone extension.
  • Describe the emergency: what is it, how did it happen, when did it happen.
  • Explain if the source of risk is currently controlled.
  • Do not hang up until instructed to do so.

The Petaluma Campus has a public access Automated External Defibrillator (AED) program. They are located at the Richard W. Call Building, first floor at the center stairs, and District Police office lobby in room PC303, (in the breezeway between Kathleen Doyle Hall & Carole Ellis Hall) Police services are available during normal business hours.

Reporting Injuries


Students injured on campus should complete an incident report form (PDF). Submit this form to SRJC Health Services via fax number or in person.

Faculty, staff, and student employees

Faculty, staff, and student employees should report injuries by completing an incident report form (PDF).


Submit a Supervisor’s Report of Injury form (PDF) along with SRJC Incident Report form.