Transfer Student Checklist
- Participate in an Orientation activity.
Enroll in COUN 270 - Introduction to College, a .5 unit course or
Attend a one-hour mini-orientation or
Complete the online orientation (www.santarosa.edu/orientation).
- Learn how to be a successful college student.
Enroll in one or more of the following:
- COUN 355 - College Preparations Skills (for students in ENGL 305 or ENGL 302)
- COUN 53 - College Survival Techniques
- COUN 60 - Effective Study Workshop
- COUN 60.1 - Overcoming Math Anxiety
- COUN 60.2 - Math Study Skills
- Choose a transfer counselor and meet with them regularly.
For drop-in information call or go to:
- Counseling Appointment Desk (707) 527-4451, Bertolini Student Center, 2nd
- Transfer Center (707) 527-4874, Bertolini Student Center, 3rd
- Learn about the requirements for transfer.
Enroll in COUN 80 - Understanding the Transfer Process, a one-unit course,
visit the Transfer Center Web site at www.santarosa.edu/transfer and
meet regularly with a transfer counselor.
- Choose a major. Hint: it’s about what you want to do after you graduate.
Enroll in COUN 62 – Introduction to Career Development, a 3 unit
Contact the Career Center, Bertolini Student Center, 3rd
floor, to meet with a career counselor.
- Complete transfer level English and math courses early.
- Choose some target universities.
Enroll in COUN 80 and visit the Transfer Center to use directories, catalogs, and college search programs.
- Visit university campuses.
- Learn about the application process.
Enroll in COUN 80 and attend application workshops.
Questions or comments about this page may be sent to: email@example.com.