Classified Employment Opportunities
PRIORITY FILING DEADLINE
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
(initial screening date - open until filled)
Santa Rosa Junior College is seeking an individual with demonstrated technical skills and customer service skills to join an outstanding team of faculty, staff and administrators to provide high quality services to our District, our community, and most importantly to our students. This is a regular full-time Classified position. The work schedule will be 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Candidates must have scheduling flexibility to meet the changing needs of the department. Under general supervision, perform a variety of highly skilled professional work in the analysis, programming, documenting, testing, implementing, and maintenance of computer systems; provide technical and end-user support for all aspects of computing needs; and perform related work as required. This position is contingent upon funding and Board approval.
The Information Technology department is a group of network technicians, programmers, Internet service specialists, telecommunications specialists and three management team members. It is the responsibility of this group to provide hardware and software support for staff and faculty on the Santa Rosa and Petaluma campuses as well as the Districts various satellite locations.
Required Abilities and Knowledge:
The ability to analyze, design, and develop computer programs and systems; assist users in troubleshooting system problems; perform complex technical tasks accurately and within defined deadlines; identify, evaluate, and solve program problems; learn new technology; communicate effectively; work in a team environment; prepare written reports and make oral presentations; plan and present training and/or give presentations to individuals and groups; establish and maintain effective working relationships; and demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
The knowledge of principles, practices, and technologies of computer operations, programming, and systems analysis; current computer programming languages; current operating systems; database languages; network and Internet operations and technology; mainframe and microcomputer hardware; various software applications.
Preferred Ability to:
- Plan, schedule and manage small to medium level projects
Preferred Knowledge of:
- Principles and methods of database design and development
- Visual Studio, VB.NET, programmer productivity aids, and software control
A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Math, Business, or other related field, including proficiency in at least two programming languages AND two years experience in systems design; OR the equivalent. Requires a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Four years experience in systems design; or the equivalent
If you do not possess the minimum qualifications exactly as stated above, you must file for equivalency. If claiming equivalency, applicants are responsible for documenting all course work, degree programs and related professional experience at time of application.
Position requires prolonged video display terminal viewing and extended sitting.
The Programmer Analyst analyzes, designs, and implements systems applications; works closely with user departments.
The Programmer Analyst is distinguished from the Programmer in the added responsibilities of performing system analysis and designing work for end-users; may lead a project from the analysis stage through final implementation with minimal supervision. The majority of work centers on comprehensive District administrative services. The position may also involve instructional applications, research, and various special projects.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Programs, writes technical specifications, tests, and implements software applications; performs system analysis and design work for end-users; identifies and discusses software needs; determines database design; prepares documentation for all programs developed; maintains and enhances existing software applications; identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves problems for users on mainframe applications, personal computer hardware and software, networks, Internet and new computer technology; organizes and conducts software training for end users; designs and creates training materials and provides specialized training; provides support and assistance for special projects; designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems; sets up and maintains electronic mail accounts and provides training for users; researches, evaluates, and provides recommendations on new computer technology.
In order to be given priority consideration for this position, applicants must submit AN ORIGINAL PLUS ONE COPY OF EACH of the following documents by the priority filing deadline:
- A completed Santa Rosa Junior College Classified Application Form, Personal Data Form and Applicant Notification Form. Voluntary Data Form is optional.
- If applicable, completed Equivalency Form and supporting documents.
- A statement describing your demonstrated experience in understanding and being sensitive to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position, including how you meet the requirements and are qualified to perform the duties as listed in the Example of Duties section of this announcement.
- Current Resume.
- Copies of transcripts of all college level course work. Unofficial copies (both sides) are acceptable, but official transcripts must be submitted prior to hiring. If transcripts are from an institution outside of the United States, applicants must provide a formal evaluation of their foreign degree(s) at the time of application. Contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
- Completed Supplemental Questionnaire.PLEASE SUBMIT ONLY MATERIALS REQUESTED.
(In loose-leaf form - no folders or binding please.)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$6,199 - $7,537 per month (2013/14 Classified Salary Schedule); maximum initial placement at $6,836 (placement within this range based on experience as documented in application materials.)
- Fringe benefits: The District offers a competitive health & benefits package for employees and eligible dependents (benefits are pro-rated for part-time employees).
- Leave/Holiday time: Full-time classified members earn 8 hours of sick leave and start off accruing 6.67 hours of vacation for each month worked (accrual rate increases after third year of employment and rates are pro-rated for part-time employees). Employees are also compensated for holidays recognized by the District (14 holidays/year, pro-rated for part-time employees).
MORE ABOUT SRJC
Application Materials & Procedures
To download job announcements and application materials, please go to http://www.santarosa.edu/hr/job-openings/job-openings.php or contact us to be mailed the materials to apply :
Human Resources Department
Santa Rosa Junior College
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: 1988 Armory Drive
MAILING ADDRESS: 1501 Mendocino Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
PHONE (707) 527-4954
FAX (707) 527-4967
The office is located in the Button Building on the college campus and is
open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
All documents included in your application file become the property of
the college and will not be returned. Your file for this opening
will not be considered for future openings. New documents must be
submitted for each opening.
is the candidate's responsibility to be sure that ALL required
materials are in the Human Resources Department by 5:00 p.m. on
the priority filing deadline to be given priority consideration.
Applications received after the priority filing deadline will be
considered only if the initial priority screening is unsuccessful.
Following the priority filing deadline, applications which are complete for screening will be forwarded to a screening committee for review. Approximately 15 to 20 days later, we will notify you whether or not you have been chosen for interview. Those
applicants most suitably qualified for the position will be invited
to appear for oral interviews before a Screening Committee. The
Screening Committee may include representatives from the Faculty, the
Administration, the Classified Staff, the Student Body, and the Board
Santa Rosa Junior College does not reimburse candidates for expenses
related to the first interview, candidates traveling from out
of the area for administrative or full-time faculty positions who are selected as finalists will be offered a travel
stipend for their administrative interview(s).
you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability
in order to apply or interview for this opening, please call the
Human Resources Department.
OF EMPLOYMENT (Prior to beginning employment):
- In accordance with Federal Law all employees must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Pass a pre-employment physical examination.
- Must be fingerprinted and have background clearance (at applicant's expense); and
- Must take a TB test (once hired and every four years thereafter).
The Jeanne Clery Annual Security Report, which includes personal safety and crime prevention information, related District policies, and District crime statistics, is available at www.santarosa.edu/police or paper copies are available upon request from the District Police Department.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SRJC attracts and retains the most qualified faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. This is achieved through an inclusive recruitment strategy and a rigorous, thorough hiring process that begins with the fair and consistent evaluation of each application for minimum qualifications and demonstrated skills specific to each position. Because the ability to serve students from broad cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds and genders is a key commitment of the College mission, SRJC actively encourages applications from candidates who recognize the value that diversity brings to a professional educational community.