Faculty Employment Opportunities
PRIORITY FILING DEADLINE
PRIORITY FILING DEADLINE: Wednesday, April 10, 2013
(initial screening date - open until filled)
*It is the candidate's responsibility to be sure that all required materials reach Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on the priority filing deadline to be given priority consideration for the position. For applications received after the priority filing deadline where the committee has already begun the initial screening process, materials will be kept on file and only be considered if the initial screening is unsuccessful. Contact Human Resources for details.
Santa Rosa Junior College is seeking a Business Instructor with demonstrated instructional skills to join an outstanding team of faculty, staff and instructional administrators in providing high quality services to our district, our community, and most importantly, our students. This is a full-time, regular contract position in the Business Administration Department at Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC), beginning Fall Semester, August 2013. Appointments are contingent upon funding and Board approval.
The Business Administration Department seeks an enthusiastic dynamic individual with excellent instructional skills and a genuine desire to be a part of our diverse college community. Teaching duties include both Business Administration Transfer curriculum and Career Occupational Education. Ideally, the successful candidate will be qualified to teach Accounting courses in addition to General Business curriculum.
SRJC offers courses at two campuses, located in Santa Rosa and Petaluma, as well as multiple satellite locations within the district, including online. Your primary assignment will be at the Santa Rosa and Petaluma Campuses, online and/or weekend classes. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the development of online courses and will include coordination of new certificate programs. Please note the district reserves the right of assignment to any location, and that assignments could involve any combination of day, evening or weekend classes with weekly office hours being mandatory. Instructors assume responsibility for maintaining currency in the field and for updating existing courses and developing new curricula (including courses that serve community needs, such as short, non-credit, or online courses); assisting in the assessment of student learning outcomes; and participating in community outreach on behalf of the college.
The Business Administration Department serves a variety of students offering courses in Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Real Estate, Hospitality, Entrepreneurship and Accounting. Coursework can lead to an Associate in Arts Degree Major, a Certificate of Completion in a Career & Technical Education field, or Transfer as part of a four-year curriculum. Detailed information on the courses and programs offered through the department can be found on the departments website at www.santarosa.edu/bad.
Master's in Business, Business Management, Business Administration, Accountancy, Finance, Marketing, or Business Education OR Bachelors in any of the above AND Master's in Economics, Personnel Management, Public Administration, or JD or LL.B. degree OR Bachelor's in economics with a Business emphasis AND Master's in Personnel Management, Public Administration, or JD or LL.B. degree; OR possession of a fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Credential in Business; OR the equivalent. Requires a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
If you do not possess the minimum qualifications exactly as stated above, you must file for equivalency. If claiming equivalency, applicants are responsible for documenting all course work, degree programs and related professional experience at the time of application.
Additional consideration will be given to those candidates who meet one or more of the following:
- Masters Degree in Business Administration
- Ability to teach a variety of business courses as demonstrated by professional experience in the field or prior teaching experience.
- Demonstrated history of employment in both business and education.
- Creative and innovative approaches to teaching and student learning.
- Ability and experience in working on committees.
- Depth of post-secondary teaching experience, specifically with community college students.
- Experience in developing online courses with a focus on student learning.
- Ability to or experience in coordinating educational programs.
- Professional development activities.
- Integration of technology and soft skills in curriculum.
In order to be given priority consideration for this position, applicants must submit AN ORIGINAL PLUS ONE COPY OF EACH of the following documents by the priority filing deadline:
PLEASE SUBMIT ONLY MATERIALS REQUESTED.
- A completed Santa Rosa Junior College Faculty Application Form, Personal Data Form and Applicant Notification Form. Voluntary Data Form is optional.
- If applicable, completed Equivalency Form and supporting documents.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position, including how you meet the requirements and are qualified to perform the duties as listed in the Position Description section of this announcement.
- A statement describing your demonstrated experience in understanding and being sensitive to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Current Resume.
- Copies of transcripts of all college level course work. Unofficial copies (both sides) are acceptable, but official transcripts must be submitted prior to hiring. If transcripts are from an institution outside of the United States, applicants must provide a formal evaluation of their foreign degree(s) at the time of application. Contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
- If applicable, copy of fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Instructors Credential in Business.
- Completed Supplemental Questionnaire.
(In loose-leaf form - no folders or binding please.)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Starting Salary Range: $53,938 - $76,871 per year (2013/14 Faculty Salary Schedule - the rates on this schedule include a 2.116% pay reduction and a 1.13% furlough). Teaching experience, other related professional experience, and academic degrees determine salary placement on a schedule that is competitive with other California Community Colleges.
- Benefits: The District offers a competitive health and benefit package for employees and eligible dependents.
- Leave/Holiday time: Full-time faculty members earn one day of sick leave for each month worked.
- Housing: A mortgage loan at reduced fees may be available to the candidate selected for this position (contact Human Resources for more information).
MORE ABOUT SRJC
Application Materials & Procedures
To download job announcements and application materials, please go to http://www.santarosa.edu/hr/job-openings/job-openings.php or contact us to be mailed the materials to apply :
Human Resources Department
Santa Rosa Junior College
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: 1988 Armory Drive
MAILING ADDRESS: 1501 Mendocino Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
PHONE (707) 527-4954
FAX (707) 527-4967
The office is located in the Button Building on the college campus and is
open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
All documents included in your application file become the property of
the college and will not be returned. Your file for this opening
will not be considered for future openings. New documents must be
submitted for each opening.
is the candidate's responsibility to be sure that ALL required
materials are in the Human Resources Department by 5:00 p.m. on
the priority filing deadline to be given priority consideration.
Applications received after the priority filing deadline will be
considered only if the initial priority screening is unsuccessful.
Following the priority filing deadline, applications which are complete for screening will be forwarded to a screening committee for review. Approximately 15 to 20 days later, we will notify you whether or not you have been chosen for interview. Those
applicants most suitably qualified for the position will be invited
to appear for oral interviews before a Screening Committee. The
Screening Committee may include representatives from the Faculty, the
Administration, the Classified Staff, the Student Body, and the Board
Santa Rosa Junior College does not reimburse candidates for expenses
related to the first interview, candidates traveling from out
of the area for administrative or full-time faculty positions who are selected as finalists will be offered a travel
stipend for their administrative interview(s).
you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability
in order to apply or interview for this opening, please call the
Human Resources Department.
OF EMPLOYMENT (Prior to beginning employment):
- In accordance with Federal Law all employees must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Pass a pre-employment physical examination.
- Must be fingerprinted and have background clearance (at applicant.s expense); and
- Must take a TB test (once hired and every four years thereafter).
The Jeanne Clery Annual Security Report, which includes personal safety and crime prevention information, related District policies, and District crime statistics, is available at www.santarosa.edu/police or paper copies are available upon request from the District Police Department.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SRJC attracts and retains the most qualified faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. This is achieved through an inclusive recruitment strategy and a rigorous, thorough hiring process that begins with the fair and consistent evaluation of each application for minimum qualifications and demonstrated skills specific to each position. Because the ability to serve students from broad cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds and genders is a key commitment of the College mission, SRJC actively encourages applications from candidates who recognize the value that diversity brings to a professional educational community.