Important Steps for Students Working on
All student employees must have a social security
card, (international students must have visa status to work on campus)
and enrollment in at least 6 units for the spring / fall semester,
and a 3 units for the summer session. Student employees are limited
to working 8 hours per day / 25 hours (F-1 Visa students
20 hours) per week, except during certain
holiday periods and the summer session where the maximum
is 40 hours
- Look for on-campus positions in the job binders located
in the Student Employment Office, or search the online job board at
- Fill out a student employment application form available in the Student Employment
- Departments hire directly, a student applicant must contact the department's
supervisor and submit an employment application.
- Once hired, a student must return to the Student Employment Office to pick
up a student employee packet.
- After all paperwork has been completed, the Student Employment Office will issue
an official time sheet to the department's supervisor.
- Time sheets must be submitted to the Payroll Department by the 15th of
Questions or comments about this page may be
sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.