Americorp Educational Award Helpful Hints
- To ensure proper and timely payment of your award, it is our practice to accept only one Americorp award request per term.
- Initiate your single-term request at the Americorp web site indicating Santa Rosa Junior College as your school: http://my.americorps.gov/mp
- SRJC must see that you are enrolled in at least .5 units for the term you are requesting. The Americorp educational award can then be accepted and processed by our financial aid office. If you are not yet enrolled, your request will be denied.
- Your award is then pending the release of federal funds to SRJC. A check will be issued by SRJC and mailed to your address on file with the Admissions and Records office (can be updated through your cubby).
- When the federal funds come to SRJC, your enrollment is again verified by our financial aid office and your award activated for the next scheduled financial aid pay date:
2012-2013 Payment Schedule
FINANCIAL AID, DOYLE & OTHER SCHOLARSHIP PAYMENTS
There are two major payment days at the beginning and at the mid-point of each semester for all students eligible for payments by those dates. These are followed by secondary payment dates every week or two weeks to pay students who were not previously ready for payment. Students on financial aid who withdraw completely from school before 11/02/12 during the fall semester and before 4/6/13 in the spring semester will be required to repay a portion of the student aid funds disbursed for that semester, and will be ineligible for further aid.
|Fall 2012||Spring 2013|
|August 17 (F) 1st Disbursement (50%)
September 6 (Th)
|January 11 (F) 1st Disbursement (50%) |
January 16 (W)
|October 13 (W) 2nd Disbursement (50%)
|March 16 (W) 2nd Disbursement (50%)
Please refer to the SRJC Student Expense Budgets to help you plan the amount
of your award request each term: