SRJC Oak Leaf - Home

Santa Rosa Junior College

Building on a Legacy of Excellence

International Student Program



Academic Program

English Language Studies Program

Current Students

Contact Information

Ms. Peg Saragina, Director
International Student Program
Santa Rosa Junior College
1501 Mendocino Avenue
Santa Rosa, California, 95401, USA
+1 (707) 527-4509


Social Connections



Frequently Asked Questions

How soon will I receive an answer from Santa Rosa Junior College about my application?
You should receive an answer from us within two weeks of submitting your completed application. When we receive your documents, we will review your file and inform you about any missing information. We may contact you if we have questions. When your file is complete, will issue the SEVIS I–20 Certificate of Eligibility to you.

How do I get the visa for the U.S.?
You apply for the student visa at an American Embassy or consulate in your country. You need a valid passport to apply for the visa. Read our instructions on Obtaining a Visa for Study in the US.

How early can I enter the U.S. before school starts?
You can usually enter the U.S. 30 days before the “report date” listed on the I–20 form.

How much will it cost to study at Santa Rosa Junior College?
Applicants must show documentation of funding for at least the first year of study. Currently this amount is $22,000.00, or $10,000.00 if someone in our local area is providing you with free room and board.

Do I need to take the TOEFL test to be accepted at SRJC?
Yes, if you are applying for an academic program. You must have a minimum score of 475 on the paper test or 53 on the Internet based TOEFL (IBT). SRJC also recognizes STEP EIKEN test results for English proficiency for Japanese students. A score of Grade Pre-1 or higher is required. For more information about this test, visit the STEP EIKEN website.

Do you accept students for ESL?

Do I have to have a major? What if I change my mind?
You must choose a major field of study to be accepted to Santa Rosa Junior College. The American embassy or consulate expect you to have a clear academic goal before they will issue a student visa.

How do I choose my classes?
An academic counselor will help you choose the classes that you need to begin and explain the registration process to you. You can meet with your counselor any time you have questions.

Can International Students work?
International students are allowed to work on campus up to 20 hours per week during the school session. Off campus work is not permitted.