Create Your Future
STUDENTS EARN PRIORITY REGISTRATION BY COMPLETING THESE STEPS!
- File an application online at www.santarosa.edu/apply/
- Be sure to keep your 9 digit SRJC Student Identification number (SID) and PIN in a secure place.
- New students must complete assessment. English or ESL assessment is critical to help you and your counselor determine which courses are appropriate. Math assessment is necessary for students planning to earn an Associate Degree, transfer to a four year college, and for some career technical education certificates. A chemistry placement test is also available.
- For a testing schedule, study guides, or to make an appointment, check online at www.santarosa.edu/assessment/. Call (707) 527-4661 (Santa Rosa) or (707) 778-3908 (Petaluma). Appointments may also be made online at www.santarosa.edu/portal
- Students may also use the following in order to place into SRJC English and math courses:
- successful completion of English or math courses at another college
- a score of 3 or higher on College Board AP exams in English or math, or
- scored as “ready” for CSU college level English and math through the EAP (STAR) testing at their high school. After applying to SRJC, please check your Student Portal under "myRecords" and "Placement Results" to view your EAP placement.
- Placement test results from other two-year colleges will be accepted for evaluation. Fax your official placement test result to (707) 524-1638 (Santa Rosa) or (707) 778-3910 (Petaluma).
Orientation - Select one of the following:
- Register for COUN 270, the Introduction to College course, which is the most complete orientation for first time students and gives priority registration. COUN 270 is offered in the spring and summer and you can register at www.santarosa.edu/portal/.
- Attend a New Student Orientation on the Santa Rosa Campus. Check the schedule online at www.santarosa.edu/app/orientation/ and call (707) 527-4451 to register. For Petaluma Campus information call (707) 778-3914.
- Complete an online orientation at www.santarosa.edu/orientation/.
Counseling - Select one of the following:
- After completing assessment and an orientation, go to the Counseling Department to speak with a counselor. For more information check online at www.santarosa.edu/app/counseling.
- For counselor availability please call Santa Rosa Counseling, Bertolini Student Center (707) 527-4451 or Petaluma Counseling, Kathleen Doyle Hall (707) 778-3914.
- To make the most of your meeting with a counselor:
- Review the current Schedule of Classes online at www.santarosa.edu/schedules/ and make a list of possible classes
- Bring transcripts from other colleges
- Bring AP test scores or EAP test results, if applicable
Contact these resources immediately to ensure your success: