Membership in AFA
You can join AFA at any time. Membership in AFA becomes effective upon submittal of a completed membership application form. You may need to reapply for membership if you have not had an assignment at SRJC within the last two years; call the AFA office if you have any questions. (According to the AFA Bylaws, managers who are performing an hourly assignment are not eligible to join AFA.) Click here to download an AFA Membership form, fill it in, sign and date where indicated, and return it to the AFA office.
The AFA Executive Council sets the Dues that members pay and the Fair Share Service Fees (FSSF) that non-members pay to be equivalent, 0.74% of gross pay beginning Spring 2012. The percentage is applied to the earnings of faculty and subtracted as a payroll deduction from each check you receive at SRJC for faculty work.
NOTE: For the same amount of money you can join AFA rather than pay the Fair Share Service Fee. AFA encourages you to join your Faculty Association, and enjoy the benefits of membership.
As a participating AFA member you are entitled to the following:
- Right to vote to accept or reject AFA negotiated contracts
- Right to vote for AFA Executive Council members
- Right to run for a seat on the AFA Executive Council
- Right to vote for any changes to the AFA Constitution or dues structure
- Right to respond to AFA member-only surveys