Key Issuance Guidelines and Procedures
Keys may be obtained by completing a Key Request Form (available in Facilities Operations office or by calling our office at extension 1604 or 4231). Requests must be approved by the Department Chairperson and the Supervising Administrator then forwarded to the Facilities Operations Department for processing.
Guidelines for requesting key(s):
- The individual for whom the key is to be assigned must complete the key request form.
- The Key Request form must be filled out completely in order to insure timely processing.
- Keys may not be transferred between employees.
What to expect after your key request has been submitted to Facilities Operations:
- Keys are made by the locksmith in the Facilities Operations Dept. When keys are finished being made they are logged in at the Facilities Operations office and taken to District Police.
- Normal lead-time is one week from receipt of request.
- Requester will be notified when key is available for pick up at the District Police office.
- Keys are to be picked up at the District Police office. For hours please call 527-1000.
- If keys are not picked up after 30 days a second notice is sent to the requestor and if still not picked up by 60 days they are returned to Facilities Operations and destroyed.
- Employees no longer needing keys must return them to District Police at Pedroncelli Center in a Key Return envelope. Envelopes are available at District Police or Facilities Operations or by calling extension 1610 or 4231.
to Facilities Operations
to Home Page