Sonoma County Junior College District
2013-14 College Initiatives
The 2013-2014 College Initiatives were formulated by the President and Component Administrators in an effort to clarify, focus and reflect the College dialogue which has interpreted the District Mission and Vision. The Institutional Planning Council, the District's highest level shared governance planning committee, annually reviews the College Initiatives to affirm alignment between the Mission, Vision, and current planning priorities for the District. All College Initiatives are linked to key District-wide planning documents, as noted in the text of each initiative.
College Initiatives are reviewed and revised annually, by early Fall semester, to provide necessary information for the Program and Resource Planning Process (PRPP).
- Initiatives are generally on a multi-year cycle, becoming more refined each year until the effort is deemed institutionalized.
- Each year, a status update is prepared describing progress toward accomplishing each College Initiative. That update is share with IPC, approved by the Board of Trustees, and made available to the college community.
- The final year of the life cycle of a College Initiative will include an evaluation with results being reported back to IPC and the college community.
- The Institutional Master Plan is strategic (forward-looking) and should be supported by operational planning at all unit levels - via the Program and Resource Planning Process.
- The PRPP requires units to link budget, staffing, facilities, equipment and new plans to the College Initiatives.
- Goals from each unit's plan can be incorporated into the Institutional Master Plan as objectives where they directly support College Initiatives.
- District-wide recommendations and plans are operationalized by being included in the appropriate unit plans via the Program and Resource Planning Process.
- The Institutional Master Plan is web-based, housed on the Institutional Planning website, which also includes links to key planning documents and serves as the "portal" to access the Program and Resource Planning Process unit reports, data and District-wide resource priorities.
College Initiatives and Goals 2013-14 - All nine Initiatives and summary in one pdf document
College Initiatives Status Update 2012-13
Archived Initiatives and Status Updates