Support type: E-mail: Rules - How to Filter and Organize E-mail
Last updated: Mar 30, 2012
Topic ID: 91
The following example shows how to automatically move e-mail from DL.STAFF.ALL to a separate folder to review later.
NOTE: Although this example shows messages being redirected to a folder outside your Inbox, the messages in this folder will still contribute to your total mailbox size. You must remember to periodically check for and delete messages in this folder or you will eventually exceed your storage limit.
- Start Outlook 2011.
- Create a folder to store the email from DL.STAFF.ALL.
- In the folder list, select your "Inbox."
- Choose "New -> Folder."
- An "Untitled Folder" will appear.
- Type "DL.Staff.All" and press enter.
- It will show up in your folder list.
- Choose "Tools -> Rules."
- The "Rules" dialog box will display. Make sure that "Exchange" is selected on the left side.
- Click on the "plus" button.
- The "Edit Rule" dialog box displays.
- Type a name for the rule. Here we use "Move DL.Staff.All."
- Click "All messages" and select "Any Recipient."
- The "Edit Rule" dialog box should look like this:
- Leave "Contains" the way it is and type "DL.Staff.All" in the next box.
- Click "Change status" and select "Move message."
- Click "Inbox" and select "Choose folder..."
- Select "DL.Staff.All" from the list in the "Choose Folder" window and click "Choose."
- Click on the "OK" button.
- To finish, close the window.