Support type: E-mail: Rules - How to Filter and Organize E-mail
Last updated: Mar 30, 2012
Topic ID: 90
The following example shows how to automatically move e-mail from DL.STAFF.ALL to a separate folder to review later.
NOTE: Although this example shows messages being redirected to a folder outside your Inbox, the messages in this folder will still contribute to your total mailbox size. You must remember to periodically check for and delete messages in this folder or you will eventually exceed your storage limit.
- Start Entourage.
- Create a folder to store the e-mail from DL.STAFF.ALL.
- In the folder list, select your name.
- Choose "File -> New -> Folder."
- The "Create New Folder" dialog box displays.
- Type "DL.Staff.All" and press "OK."
- It will show up in your folder list.
- Choose "Tools -> Rules."
- The rules dialog box displays.
- Select "Mail (Exchange)," and then click on "New."
- The edit rule dialog box displays.
- Type a name for the rule. Here we use "Move DL.Staff.All."
- Click "All messages" and select "Any Recipient."
- The edit rule dialog box should now look like this.
- Leave "Contains" the way it is and type "DL.Staff.All" in the next box.
- Click "Change status" and select "Move message."
- Click "Inbox" and select "Choose folder..."
- Select "DL.Staff.All" from the list in the "Choose Folder" window and click "Choose."
- Click on the "OK" button.
- To finish, close the window.