Support type: Citrix: Installation
Last updated: Nov 14, 2012
Topic ID: 25
Follow these steps to install Citrix on Macintosh OS X. This only needs to be done once, and each subsequent time, all you need to do is log in and launch a Citrix application.
This example uses Mac OS X 10.8 and Safari.
- Open Safari and browse to: https://citrix.santarosa.edu/
- Click on the green "Install" button and the installer will download automatically to your Downloads folder. Typically, the Downloads folder is located on the right side of your Dock. Click on the disk image once to open the Downloads Stack, then a second time to to open the Disk Image. OR if your Downloads folder is not on the Dock, follow the next step.
- If your Downloads folder is not on your Dock, you can also find the Citrix installer in your Downloads folder via the Finder. Click on the Finder icon on the far left of the Dock. Then click the Downloads folder on the left side of the Finder window. You should see the Citrix installer here. Double click it to mount the Disk Image.
- Once the Disk Image mounts, you will see the following window. Double Click on "Install Citrix Receiver".
- Depending on your OS and security settings, you may get this dialog box saying you can't open it. Click OK and proceed to the next step.
- If you couldn't open the installer in the previous step, right click or control-click "Install Citrix Receiver" and then left-click "Open" and it will allow you to install the software. Click "Open" on the dialog box to open the installer.
- The next few screens are fairly self explanatory. Simply click "Continue" when it says to do so.
- When the installer prompts, enter your computer administrator's username and password.
- Click "Close" when the installer finishes.
- Return to Safari, and the webpage should refresh to show you the username and password boxes. Log in using your SRJC username and password.