Support type: Citrix: Installation
Last updated: Nov 14, 2012
Topic ID: 24
Follow these steps to install Citrix on Windows. This only needs to be done once, and each subsequent time, all you need to do is log in and launch a Citrix application.
NOTE: If you had Citrix installed on your computer before and you are using an old client, make sure to uninstall your previous Citrix client before proceeding.
This example uses Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9.
- Open Internet Explorer and browse to: https://citrix.santarosa.edu/
- Click on the checkbox next to "I agree with the Citrix license agreement." Then click the green "Install" button. You will see a yellow information bar at the bottom of the screen. Click "Run".
- In Windows 7, UAC may ask you to enter your computer administrator password.
- You may get a dialog asking to open web content on this computer for Citrix. Click "Do not show me the warning for this program again" and then click "Allow".
- The Citrix Receiver software should begin to install. You may have to reboot after installation. If it asks, perform a reboot of your computer before continuing.
- After installation and, if needed, a reboot, return to https://citrix.santarosa.edu and then you will see this screen.
- Log in using your SRJC username and password and you may now use Citrix. Reminder: If Internet Explorer crashes at this point, follow the instructions to remove the old Citrix client before using the new Citrix server.