To the SRJC Community:
As you may be aware, the IT Department upgraded its telephone system last December. Although the system is stable, we are continuing work on some issues and making some configuration improvements:
- For incoming calls, our users will notice Caller-ID information on their screens no matter if you have a Cisco Phone or a Mitel Phone.
- For outgoing calls placed on a Cisco IP phone, the phone number you are calling from will show up on the Caller-ID screen on the phone of the person you are calling.
- For outgoing calls from an old Mitel phone, the person you are calling will see the phone number 707-524-1550 on their Caller-ID. Because of technical limitations, we are currently unable to pass-through the specific number you are calling from, when using an old Mitel phone.
- In the near future, the outgoing Caller-ID name field will read “Santa Rosa JC” on all calls, no matter if you call from a Cisco or a Mitel phone.
- Users needing privacy when placing an outside call should dial 9 then *67 and then the number you are calling. This will block caller-ID information from being sent. (For example if you want to block Caller-ID information from being sent when calling 555-5555, please dial 9 *67 555 5555.)
- The previous code 9 822 (phone number) that was used to allow Caller-ID information to be sent no longer works.
Faxes and Analog Devices
We have reconnected most faxes and analog devices to our IP Voice Gateway. After many weeks of troubleshooting we are feeling confident that we have reached a stable configuration in the back-end. If your fax is still failing, please contact the Help Desk at ext. 1765.
As always, if you are having any problems with your SRJC phone or computer please call the help desk (ext. 1765) and we will do our best to support you.