The Information Technology department will be performing routine systems maintenance and upgrades on a number of our servers. Throughout the evening there will be brief interruptions to services, typically lasting less than 20 minutes.
SIS will be off-line at 9:00 PM for a needed special updates and will be off-line for the evening.
Thursday, February 5, 2014 - 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Who is Impacted:
All individuals who utilize the affected services, on-campus or remote, during the maintenance window, will be affected.
Networks are not affected, so access to the internet will be available at all times. Most evening classes will not be affected.
What you need to do:
If you plan to utilize any of the affected servers during the scheduled maintenance window please make new arrangements. Otherwise no action is required on your part.
Server maintenance is an essential part of the assuring that our IT infrastructure, programs, and services work properly. Although it can result in a brief period of inconvenience it helps provide a reliable computing environment. We also work to pick times and dates to minimize the impact to users.
Servers and services that will be affected:
After 6:00 PM
After 7:00 PM
- Network/Domain Services – Login, Authentication, DHCP (Santa Rosa, Petaluma & Windsor)
- Network Shared Drives – Departmental Shares & Home Directories (S: drive, X: drive, etc.)
- Department Specific Programs: Dental, Medicat, Web Sites Financial Aid – Regent FAM Software Student Services – SARS, ATI Filer, ILINX, Student ID System, Counseling Programs Assessment - Compass Testing Flex Credit Tracking
- Staff & Student Logins, Secure Shell Access, Secure FTP, Personal Web Pages
After 8:00 PM
- Web Sites
After 9:00 PM
- Student Information System (SIS) – Special Upgrade
- CATE & Moodle - Possible delays/outages in enrolling in online orientation, synchronizing passwords, requesting/receiving Distance Education accounts for faculty, updating CATE and Moodle rosters, and other tasks involving integration of CATE and Moodle with IT systems.
Thank you for working with IT to keep our infrastructure and services dependable and secure.
Future Maintenance Nights:
Below is a list of the planned maintenance nights for the rest of 2015. Some are being reviewed based on feedback. If you have any questions or concerns about any of the dates please contact Sasun Torikian.
- March 5, 2015 Thursday
- April 2, 2015 Thursday
- May 7, 2015 Thursday - Being Reviewed
- June 3, 2015 Wednesday - Being Reviewed
- July 8, 2015 Wednesday
- August 5, 2015 Wednesday
- September 10, 2015 Thursday
- October 8, 2015 Thursday
- November 5, 2015 Thursday
- December 3, 2015 Thursday
Where to go if you have questions:
Santa Rosa Junior College
Information Technology Department (https://www.santarosa.edu/it)
1501 Mendocino Ave | Santa Rosa, CA | 95401
tel (707) 524-1765