Day Under the Oaks (DUO)
General Policies and Procedures
All participants in Day Under the Oaks must comply with the following policies and procedures.
- Concession booths will be limited to those operated by SRJC Departments and/or authorized SRJC clubs that are also operating an educational or informational exhibit, and to Day Under The Oaks official sponsors.
- No raffles of any kind are allowed at SRJC.
- No dogs EXCEPT assistance dogs are allowed on Campus.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on Campus.
- Concessionaires must establish the price for items to be sold at the time their DUO application is filed. Price information must be included on the application form. Only SRJC clubs or departments may sell; sponsors may may sample but not sell.
- Once DUO has begun, concessionaires may lower their established prices, but they may not increase them.
- Use of Styrofoam, (polystyrene plastic) by concessionaires is prohibited. Use of plastic bottles is discouraged.
- Booth locations will be assigned by the DUO Concessions Committee.
- All booths using canopies or tarps must have the lines and stakes flagged for safety purposes. All booths and materials will be reviewed for safety considerations (sharp corners, exposed metal edges, uncovered extension cords, chemical solvents, motors or other mechanical devices, electrical connections, etc.). Any unsafe conditions must be corrected or removed.
- Set-up time for all booths is between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Concessionaires who have not set up their booths by 9:30 a.m. will not be allowed to participate in DUO.
- All booths must operate until 4 p.m. Tear down time for all booths will be from 4 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- All concessions must display signs indicating the name of the sponsoring department, club or organization.
- Any and all reference by concessionaires to a commercial business, which is not an Official DUO Sponsor, is limited to one 8.5" x 11" sign or on a product wrapper. There will be no other display by concessionaires of commercial businesses’ names, logos, uniforms, or product information unless the businesses are Official DUO Sponsors.
- Souvenirs must meet the following criteria:
- Item must have the correct, official SRJC logo, or SRJC name on it and the name of the department or club. Contact Public Relations for logo art.
- Official DUO Sponsors may offer their own logo items, but may not display or offer any other company, business or organization logo or materials.
- Items for sale should be family friendly. Item being sold may not be illegal, libelous, or slanderous, and must conform to SRJC Standards of Conduct Guidelines. The DUO committee reserves the right to prohibit selling items that it deems inappropriate.
- The sales price of the item may not exceed $40.00 (excluding tax).
- Departments that engage in sales for Day Under the Oaks must have either a District Account, Foundation Account or a Club Trust Account for receipt of sales, and must follow all district guidelines and state educational code procedures regarding sales tax, use of monies, and accounting practices.
- All persons selling food items must exhibit proper handling of the uncooked/unbarbecued food as well as the cooked/barbecued salable items in compliance with the Pubic Health Guidelines. The group must attend the April 18 manadatory meetings for all groups selling food.
- The DUO Concessions Committee recommends that the prices for drinks not exceed $2.00 each.
- Every effort will be made to place the food vendors in the Bertolini Quad Food Court unless other arrangements are made with the Concessions Committee. Space limitations may require some booths be placed elsewhere. Booths will be placed based on time of application. Competing products will be placed in alternative locations (For example, there will be only one hot dog booth in any food sales area).
- Salespeople are to remain within the confines of the sales space allowed and my not solicit in other areas.
- Concessionaires who do not comply with the policies and/or the approved application will be asked to leave.
If you're selling items made by faculty, staff or students . . .
- Departments may sell items made by students or faculty as a part of the instructional program (i.e., plants, ceramics, art work, flower arrangements) at Day Under the Oaks as long as proceeds from the sales go to a District, Foundation, or Club Trust account.
- If proceeds from the sale go to the individual students, staff, or faculty members then the individuals involved must pay a $50.00 Arts & Crafts application fee and fill out a DUO Arts & Crafts Application Form. It will be the department's responsibility to screen and approve these individual sales of instructionally related work.
If you're using a BBQ . . .
- There are three SRJC barbecues available for use. They are available on a first come, first served basis.
- You will be provided with a hose and a water key in case of fire so you need to locate the closest hose bib.
- When you are finished barbecuing, the coals MUST be placed in an unlined metal trashcan provided by the District. Make sure the trashcan is not on the grass. The coals should be as cool as possible. Make sure no other trash is placed on top of the coals. DO NOT PUT WATER IN THE TRASH CAN!
- Be sure the hose you were given is coiled up with water key attached and left near barbecue (if you used an SRJC barbeque).
- Concessionaires are responsible for their own set-up, security, sales and equipment. The College will provide only tables, chairs, backdrops, and extension cords. These will be provided on a first come, first served basis.
- SRJC is not responsible for any personal injuries, property damage, or loss during the event.
- Concessionaires are expected to conduct themselves in a pleasant, professional, and business like manner.
- Any music in booths must be cleared with the DUO Concessions Committee.
Thank you for your participation and cooperation.
Without your efforts DUO would not be the event that the community has come to expect and look forward to.